Monday 1 December 2014

Things to get prepared for my Korea trip.

Well if you wanted to have a smooth trip of course you need to do some preparation before flying over to a foreign land. Well I here have a few tips on what should you do in making preparation for a trip.
1. Get your accommodations sorted. As what I repeating mentioned in the previously post is that you need get your accommodations arranged and booked before going over. I do know a few friends of mine traveled around without doing any booking. Merely backpack. But my advise is if you are going to a land where you can't speak their language. I think it's wiser to just book before hand. My Korea Trip posted on our accommodation when we are in Korea. Please refer to sites such as Agoda, Hotel, Booking and etc. for reviews and even blogs such as mine. =)

2. Purchase sufficient check-in luggage just in case you over pack. This is only applicable if you are traveling with budget airlines. It's better to have some buffer than end up having to throw some stuff during in airport right? For me and my girlfriend we actually estimated wrongly on how much we would be bringing over there. I bought 30kg of luggage for both of us. But ended up both our bags actually weighted 34kg. The excess they told me is RM50 per kg. MUST BE CRAZY! So what we did was we took out our thick clothes and holding them in our hands. PROBLEM SOLVED.

3. Have a brief itinerary on what you all want to do or where to go or even what to eat. A quick google on places to go to together with how to get there would be helpful cause I am sure you don't want spend time going round searching for it. Also always remember when you reached your destination, you must be hungry or at least would wanted a place to rest. A quick check on restaurant or food court near you hotel/homestay would be beneficial for you. Take a look also my post about us renting a car in Jeju Island.

4. Pack sufficient clothes and even according to the season. Of course PLEASE follow your season and understand approximately the temperature over there as you don't want to wear too thin for cold season and too thick for summer days. Sufficient clothes is good as you would be out whole day which means that there is no time for "1 set afternoon, 1 set night, 1 set supper."

5. Remember always to travel comfortably.
 



These 2 items are one of the most important things for those who are in budget long haul flights. You need get some sleep so that even the first day you won't feel all worn out and sleepy. Sleep to ensure that you don't mess up your plans.

6. This is the MOST important thing. Your PASSPORT and MONEY. You don't want go anywhere without your own identity. Even some taxi drivers do remind us about our passport before leaving from the house. Wonder what can we do if we forgot our passport? Perhaps NOTHING.

Okie I think that's about it. Let me summarize on what have I listed as our check-list for traveling.

1. Accommodation booked
2. Check-In luggage bought
3.  Itinerary arranged
4. Sufficient clothes packed
5. Sleeping mask and neck rest packed
6. Passport and money packed

I think you are more than ready for your wonderful trip. Do let me know if you think I missed out something important to consider and prepare or pack before going for a trip.

~ciao~

No comments:

Post a Comment